Forums Trading Systems Discussion Stairstep Breakouts indicator and EA

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 514 total)
  • Author
    xux99
    Participant

The thread at ForexFactory has been moved to the recycle bin but there is still interest from members to discuss improvements and settings for the indicator and the EA, therefore I decided to start a new topic. The user guide is available here.

• This topic was modified 9 years, 5 months ago by xux99.
      • This topic was modified 8 years, 4 months ago by xux99.
      GIBU
      Participant

hi oh thanks again :good:

Anonymous

Excellent!

Check these unconventional settings for the indicator. 99.7 win rate 6000 days back. Daily chart

MA is Linear Weighted on close

I’m Stupid or just dumb??? :wacko:

EA cannot replicate.

Sure wish it could… B-)

Anonymous

Here is another great idea of mine from last year…

MA= Linear weighted on weighted price

Did not work… :money:

xux99
            Participant

The virtual trading results of the indicator are not so accurate and should not be used in the EA. Additionally when MA filter is enabled, the indicator gives repainting signals as it can’t calculate realtime MA values. The settings of the EA should only be derived from its backtests and optimization.

Excellent! Check these unconventional settings for the indicator. 99.7 win rate 6000 days back. Daily chart MA is Linear Weighted on close I’m Stupid or just dumb??? :wacko: EA cannot replicate. Sure wish it could… B-)

Anonymous

Roger that…

Did not know there was an EA until a few months ago.

Went absolutely bonkers trying different settings on the indicator.

Thanks a great deal. Still working on optimizing the EA. Testing takes forever…

smallcat
                Participant

The thread at ForexFactory has been moved to the recycle bin but there is still interest from members to discuss improvements and settings for the indicator and the EA, therefore I decided to start a new topic. The software is available for download here.

Thank you very much Xux99. This is the one i am looking for …. my EA works not as i expected, i am sure i can learn a lot from your EA :good:

LearnAlways
                  Participant

Hi All,

Can I ask a question,

1) SSBO EA Stevehopwood is not further developing isit? If Yes, pls may I know the reason

2) Is this due to the reason the EA uses “Martingale” on trigger entries outside the box? Martingale – the inevitable comes???

3) Is it really profitable?

Would greatly appreciate it if someone could enlighten me thx.

Best Regards,

LearnAlways

I only know I know nothing

Dagmar
                    Participant

Hi xux99,

is it possible to change your latest version of ssbo for  Metatrader5  to Metatrader4? The  Mt4 version has no  EMAFilter and AutoOptimize Funktion. Would be very helpful to have it in Mt4….

thx for an answer  Daggi

xux99
                      Participant

The latest MT4 version of SSBODynamicBreakoutBox has EMA_Filter and AutoOptimize options. You can download it here.

Dagmar
                        Participant

thanks a lot…  have you ever backtested this EA?  I am trading ssbo for about 1 year now  manually ..it works well.  Have you been trying the Ea with backtested parameters by now and is it profitable?

I tried my ssbo settings in the ea, which doesn´t work well. Why is this EA so different to ssbo, although it is programmed exactly the same?? I know the entry..trigger point.. is different, but it should not make such a big difference. In the forexhard thread he is working with an EA that has a basket of 5  possible trades to open, closing differently with money management features.  I guess out there is more than one version developed!

By the way the  eas yellow clean button wont display on the chart…bug???

When I would make some suggestions for further developments to this EA , would you like to program it??? I think there is a big potential to this …

xux99
                          Participant

Why is this EA so different to ssbo, although it is programmed exactly the same?

The indicator always uses bid for all entries and exits whereas the EA uses bid or ask depending on the trade direction. The indicator virtual trading is not absolutely accurate. These are the reasons the EA can’t match the indicator results. Try to backtest and optimize the EA for best settings and use the indicator as a visual aid.

There is a corrected version in the first post, the button is now shown. Any suggestions are certainly welcome.

LearnAlways
                            Participant

This reply has been reported for inappropriate content.

Hi Xux99,

Thanks for the indicator. :good: Is it possible to modify the indicator? Hopefully I’m not asking too much.

1) Option to hide the menu display as Its too big and my chart got other indicators so it becomes real messy.

2) Possible to have no background as the grey background interferes with my chart background(black). I Just want the boxes that’s all.

Many thanks, if its not possible its alright.

Best Regards,
                              LearnAlways

Dagmar
                              Participant

Hi LearnAl,

there is no need to modify the indi . Just go to  input . Here you can hide graphics or box font ( set to false) , you can change box font size, colour etc. easily…

Regards Daggi

xux99
                                Participant

Option to hide the menu display as Its too big and my chart got other indicators so it becomes real messy.

You can set ChartDisplay to blank.

Possible to have no background as the grey background interferes with my chart background(black). I Just want the boxes that’s all.

Download a new indicator version from the first post and set DisplayStatsBG to false.

Anonymous

Hello Xux99,

I’m not seeing the wipe clean button on MT4 765, i’ve selected to show it but I have never seen it on the chart even after building multiple boxes.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

xux99
                                    Participant

Make sure you have the latest Rossbot version from the first post and wait for the market open on Monday.

Anonymous

Ok Great!

Thank you.

Anonymous

Not the core concept but profitable in test. Run a test see if you can clear those errors.

08/01/14 – 02/08/15

:good:  or   :negative:

Hariom
                                          Participant

Hello All.Hariom here.I would like to thank xux99 for starting this thread so we can share in this GREAT system….GOD BLESS ALL….HARIOM

LearnAlways
                                            Participant

Option to hide the menu display as Its too big and my chart got other indicators so it becomes real messy. You can set ChartDisplay to blank. Possible to have no background as the grey background interferes with my chart background(black). I Just want the boxes that’s all. Download a new indicator version from the first post and set DisplayStatsBG to false.

THANKS XUX99 :good:

Dagmar
                                              Participant

Hi xux99,

the ea opens 3 trades in a row instead of the defined one trade  and closes them not at Stopploss or  Takeprofit.  As you can see in the pic it didn`t close at 25 pips of TP but closes somewhere else???

Can you fix this??? The trade should close at the 25 pip TP ( input quick take profit : 25 pips) and close when in loss at the opposite side of the box . I think that is the reason why it gives no good matches to the indicator  settings at all!!

Regards Dagmar

Attachments:
                                                You must be logged in to view attached files.
                                                Dagmar
                                                Participant

look at this!    The Stopploss and TakeProfit  seem to be wrongly calculated.. may be it`s because of 5 digit broker??

Attachments:
                                                  blueface
                                                  Participant

Option to hide the menu display as Its too big and my chart got other indicators so it becomes real messy. You can set ChartDisplay to blank. Possible to have no background as the grey background interferes with my chart background(black). I Just want the boxes that’s all. Download a new indicator version from the first post and set DisplayStatsBG to false.

Hi xux99

I have down the SSBO  indi

but I didnot find the ChartDisplay and DisplayStatsBG

I mean the indi,not the EA

thx

• This reply was modified 9 years, 5 months ago by blueface.
                                                    Dagmar
                                                    Participant

This reply has been reported for inappropriate content.

@ blueface

you can reduce the display to a minimum  or zero  and change the colour and the font size as well ….just try and play a little with the indi inputs …  have a look at the pic underneath,  change the settings as described and nothing is to see anymore in the chart ;-)

Attachments:
                                                    Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 514 total)
                                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                    Scroll to Top