Forums Trading Systems Discussion Wonderful expert, but need help to correct it (high cpu usage)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    LittleCaro
    Participant

Hello all,

Here is a brilliant EA coded by a friend, but he’s unable to fix it.

It consumes high cpu usage and memory, because on the expert tab we see it loads and unloads all the indicators every seconds.

Please guys, if someone could have a look ! It worth it, Eurusd on 15 minutes OOTB.

I join the expert and the indicators needed.

Thanks a lot !

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      contrax
      Participant

Hello all, Here is a brilliant EA coded by a friend, but he’s unable to fix it. It consumes high cpu usage and memory, because on the expert tab we see it loads and unloads all the indicators every seconds. Please guys, if someone could have a look ! It worth it, Eurusd on 15 minutes OOTB. I join the expert and the indicators needed. Thanks a lot !

It says “Cannot open file   SSA end-pointed.ex4”

LittleCaro
        Participant

Hello all, Here is a brilliant EA coded by a friend, but he’s unable to fix it. It consumes high cpu usage and memory, because on the expert tab we see it loads and unloads all the indicators every seconds. Please guys, if someone could have a look ! It worth it, Eurusd on 15 minutes OOTB. I join the expert and the indicators needed. Thanks a lot !

It says “Cannot open file SSA end-pointed.ex4″

Ah sorry, here is the file missing.

You need a library to work the indicator, all is included in the package.

Attachments:
          You must be logged in to view attached files.
          simplex

Hello LittleCaro,

At the moment I don’t have the time to dig in deeper. So just some remarks after a quick code review:

• iVAR and iVAR_nmc are identical. One of them should be eliminated.
            • Those Goertzel algorithms seem to consume lots of CPU resources when the indicators are loaded. When tweaking the EA to optimize CPU usage, I would focus on those first of all.
            • Both Goertzel indicators are modified in a way that they always (!) use a Hodrick-Prescott Filter for smoothing. This will lead to heavy repainting. Hope you’re aware of that fact. Visual backtest is absolutely useless in this case. Historic signals may look wonderful, but in realtime causality will strike back.

I would suggest to be careful with that construction.

Did you forward test this EA on demo? If yes, what were your results?

Best, simplex

A good trader is a realist who wants to grab a chunk from the body of a trend, leaving top- and bottom-fishing to people on an ego trip. (Dr. Alexander Elder)

LittleCaro
            Participant

Hello LittleCaro, At the moment I don’t have the time to dig in deeper. So just some remarks after a quick code review:

• iVAR and iVAR_nmc are identical. One of them should be eliminated.
              • Those Goertzel algorithms seem to consume lots of CPU resources when the indicators are loaded. When tweaking the EA to optimize CPU usage, I would focus on those first of all.
              • Both Goertzel indicators are modified in a way that they always (!) use a Hodrick-Prescott Filter for smoothing. This will lead to heavy repainting. Hope you’re aware of that fact. Visual backtest is absolutely useless in this case. Historic signals may look wonderful, but in realtime causality will strike back.

I would suggest to be careful with that construction. Did you forward test this EA on demo? If yes, what were your results? Best, simplex

Hello,

Thanks for this information, i know that some indicators repainting but this expert works. Test it and you’ll see.

I have tested during a week,  and i have obtained + 25 % with very little drawdown.

But i stopped the test because i have an old computer, and i fear this ea burn my processor, and i don’t have money to buy another …

I think this ea consumes lots of cpu because it loads and unloads indicators all the time. Normally the indicators are only loaded one time at the start of the ea.

Hey guys i really need help on this one, this ea is very good, the last time i tested, i remarked it really adapts itself to markets conditions, really fast it changed its TP and SL, and it changed from buy to sell and vice versa.

Well it really fits very well the markets.

joshuayip
              Participant

Try changing your hard disk to ssd . it will increase your PC performance tremendously

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              Scroll to Top