Forums General Discussions VIDEO

Viewing 25 posts - 126 through 150 (of 324 total)
  • Author
    gg53
    Participant

You could enter one bar before on M1. Everything looks aligned.

Otherwise – good job !

G.

Jhlewis10
      Participant

This trade full of fail.  

gg53
        Participant

This trade full of fail.

Yes, if you insist to enter on TL on price… that’s ALWAYS lagging…

You got a perfectly “legal” and “by the book” entry signal one bar before your entry.

G.

Jhlewis10
          Participant

You are right, and it was later NY session which is not a time to trade really.

pipatronic
            Participant

video 24 eurusd obv part 2

pipatronic
              Participant

video 25 forex volatility

pipatronic
                Participant

video 26 jhlewis10 eurodollar

BalrogTrader
                  Participant

Let me ask a lamer question:

How to put a Trend Line on Gadi Currencies DIFF and OBV2? Just connecting latest major extremums or any other suggestions?

Best regards…

PS: Pip, I’m still interested and watching each and every video of yours. Indeed reading pretty much every entry here.

Nothing has ever motivated me more than this...

pipatronic
                    Participant

Balrog, thank you for letting me know that someone is watching, even if it is just you – its worth it :yahoo:

“How to put a Trend Line on Gadi Currencies DIFF and OBV2? Just connecting latest major extremums or any other suggestions”

above, do you mean automatically ? what about having it so it plots divergence hmmmmmm………… (more so on the diff indi)

Regards

Pip

pipatronic
                      Participant

video 27 watching stats

BalrogTrader
                        Participant

… above, do you mean automatically ?

No, no. More basic stuff. Manually I ask.

pipatronic
                          Participant

like this ?

Attachments:
                            You must be logged in to view attached files.

pipatronic
                            Participant

Balrog, you will find the next video interesting – extremes hmmm……

pipatronic
                              Participant

video 28 predictive synchronisation a scalpers paradise

PLEASE EXCUSE THE COUGH  !!!! thought the mike was off

pipatronic
                                Participant

video 29 spagetti and sync with indis

pipatronic
                                  Participant

If we were to build/drop on a divergence indicator/alert onto the diff indi, can someone tell me the logic behind the programming ie what information is the program looking for – some sort of bias ?

pipatronic
                                    Participant

Before we move onto other subjects  I want us all to suceed in what we have covered already, no point in spreading ourselves too thinly , let see if we can get a system working and one that we all understand including money management, where to put stops, where to take profits etc.

I will also ask again does anyone know how to hide stops from your broker, if no one does its ok !! If I find the answer I will let you all know, I have come across “pay for programs” that do this – another one of those “extract money from you things”

Have a good day all

Regards

Pip :good:

Jhlewis10
                                      Participant

Many trade manager EA’s do that here is one.  Wukar  Steve Hopwood Forums Multi Purpose Trade manager does as well and it is very good.

Forum link

• This reply was modified 8 years, 9 months ago by Jhlewis10.
                                        gg53
                                        Participant

Before we move onto other subjects I want us all to suceed in what we have covered already, no point in spreading ourselves too thinly , let see if we can get a system working and one that we all understand including money management, where to put stops, where to take profits etc. I will also ask again does anyone know how to hide stops from your broker, if no one does its ok !! If I find the answer I will let you all know, I have come across “pay for programs” that do this – another one of those “extract money from you things” Have a good day all Regards Pip :good:

1. Hide stops from broker – SL is programmed into the EA or MM as program: if [condition] OrderClose(….);

2. On shorter TF’s SL should be at current or previous Lowest/Highest. Reason: the combined signal is strong, so price should move quickly in our direction. Otherwise it might be toolate entry or market changed rapidly. In either case we want to get out quickly.

3. At +10 pips move SL to BE, at +20 pips move SL to +10 and close 33%, at +30 pips move SL to +20 and close another 33%. let the rest run with Trailing Stop.

Those numbers should be based on currency-pair type & volatility. The 33% can be reduced to 25% and procces repeated once more (4 steps of TP instead of 3).

4. Lot sizes should be equal – initial Lot size between 1%-2% of equity. Every 30% of equity increase, increase fixed lot sizes accordingly.

Proportional lot sizes is a common mistake done by majority of traders.

G.

BalrogTrader
                                          Participant

video 28 predictive synchronisation a scalpers paradise PLEASE EXCUSE THE COUGH !!!! thought the mike was off

Thanks a lot Pip. I think I’m heading somewhere…

Actually how to draw level lines onto OBV is explained in Killing Zone thread by G.

I guess I’ll do something similar to DIFF and OBV2.

Have a profitable week. :good:

gg53
                                            Participant

video 28 predictive synchronisation a scalpers paradise PLEASE EXCUSE THE COUGH !!!! thought the mike was off

Thanks a lot Pip. I think I’m heading somewhere… Actually how to draw level lines onto OBV is explained in Killing Zone thread by G. I guess I’ll do something similar to DIFF and OBV2. Have a profitable week. :good:

The “killing Zone” explanation on Gadi_OBV indie is about finding a RANGE (Horizontal Lines) and not TL on Volume.

The above is usefull for breakouts and News trading, as well as finding “false” moves (stupid money price action…).

G.

BalrogTrader
                                              Participant

Thanks a lot Pip. I think I’m heading somewhere… Actually how to draw level lines onto OBV is explained in Killing Zone thread by G. I guess I’ll do something similar to DIFF and OBV2. Have a profitable week. :good:

The “killing Zone” explanation on Gadi_OBV indie is about finding a RANGE (Horizontal Lines) and not TL on Volume. The above is usefull for breakouts and News trading, as well as finding “false” moves (stupid money price action…). G.

How about drawing an “adaptive (or living) channel” on both DIFF and OBV?

Please see the attachment.

Best regards…

Attachments:
                                                You must be logged in to view attached files.

pipatronic
                                                Participant

Hello Everyone :-)

JH thank you for the link and info – most helpful, will be trying these

G, excellant logical info on momey management, will be tried/implimented

Balrog, keep us updated on how you get on – adaptive channels interesting to see where this goes (by the way your screen shot, you may need to refresh your chart if you have moved to another time frame – look at the TVI bars on the left of the screen – always best to have everything in sync :good: )

For now I am going to concentrate my efforts towards an EA, based on EU M1 time frame and only at set times of the day. It may take me a while as I have not used an EA before and also I currently “trying” to self teach myself programming. This should have several benefits, one being to refine ones own strategy including MM descipline.

I will keep updating you with my progress (video) and as such will try not to diverge from this main focus.

Regards

Pip

pipatronic
                                                  Participant

Thought……

Has anyone tried session volume average with the normalised volume indicator (instead of MA) ??

gg53
                                                    Participant

The “killing Zone” explanation on Gadi_OBV indie is about finding a RANGE (Horizontal Lines) and not TL on Volume. The above is usefull for breakouts and News trading, as well as finding “false” moves (stupid money price action…). G.

How about drawing an “adaptive (or living) channel” on both DIFF and OBV? Please see the attachment. Best regards…

Those are basically TL’s on the DIFF & Gadi_OBV.

That’s the correct way to spot early breakouts – and not on price action.

G.

Viewing 25 posts - 126 through 150 (of 324 total)
                                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                    Scroll to Top