Forums General Discussions using inefficient moves/liquidity gaps/tz for orderflow

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Lowphat
    Participant

large move origins usually hold orders which i have tried to mark a few in yellow. if you are not use to seeing them you can put on any gap indy and look for a balanced origin area that started the move that contains the gap. this is the basics on how i like to visualize supply/demand.

“I believe the very best money is made at the market turns. Everyone says you get killed trying to pick tops and bottoms and you make all
      your money by playing the trend in the middle. Well for twelve years I have been missing the meat in the middle but I have made a lot of
      money at tops and bottoms.”
      – Paul Tudor Jones

thomas
      Participant

Hi Lowphat,
        Can you explain more details about this ?

Lowphat
        Participant

look for a strong move. notice the beginning of the move and there will usually be orders sitting at the start of it. once price revisits the origin of the move you will likely get a bounce unless price has enough steam to break it.  you can use a higher timeframe bounce to choose direction or some other method of choosing a higher probability higher TF direction and only take positions in that direction.

“I believe the very best money is made at the market turns. Everyone says you get killed trying to pick tops and bottoms and you make all
          your money by playing the trend in the middle. Well for twelve years I have been missing the meat in the middle but I have made a lot of
          – Paul Tudor Jones

Anti
          Participant

I know that theory. The problem is that it is very subjective regarding where you should draw those zones (some say that you have to use the start of the strong trend – others believe that you should draw your boundary at the beginning of the inefficient move region. I believe it can be profitable but you need to have a set of objective rules for your entries and exits. Always have in mind that most methods give beautiful signals in hindsight which are hard to determie in real-time.

Lowphat
            Participant

this is one of the main reasons the market moves from area to area. and far as hindsight i will post some i posted in real time in my chat.  subjective or not there are other people with the exact entries i have.

Attachments:
              You must be logged in to view attached files.

– Paul Tudor Jones

Lowphat
              Participant

Attachments:

– Paul Tudor Jones

Lowphat
                Participant

daily

Attachments:

– Paul Tudor Jones

Lowphat
                  Participant

another daily that was posted a long time ago

Attachments:

– Paul Tudor Jones

Lowphat
                    Participant

4h

– Paul Tudor Jones

thomas
                      Participant

Thanks Lowphat. I think it is good for exit, but for entry … i am not so sure …, may be we need other tools ?
                        Edit : using high probability tools at higher TF is a good choice, but it is a rare event. As we get the signal at that higher TF with high probability, may be the price has move far enough away from that bounce (Supply – Demand Level).

• This reply was modified 7 years, 2 months ago by thomas.
                        Lowphat
                        Participant

Thanks Lowphat. I think it is good for exit, but for entry … i am not so sure …, may be we need other tools ? Edit : using high probability tools at higher TF is a good choice, but it is a rare event. As we get the signal at that higher TF with high probability, may be the price has move far enough away from that bounce (Supply – Demand Level).

i use the bounce for entry and usually try to exit at the last balance area .

– Paul Tudor Jones

thomas
                          Participant

Great Lowphat, i am sure you are using a very tight money management ….  :good:

Anti
                            Participant

Hi Lowphat,

let’s start some conversation. I don’t see why the “unfilled order” theory should be related to TZs – even if we ignore mid-TZs. If some big orders get filled doesn’t automatically mean that prize will rise quickly. Prize can also move slowly (it all depends on recent market orders and its directions …).

Lowphat
                              Participant

@Anti yes it does not have to be related. you can use anything that shows a fresh strong move but mid gaps will always give you a hint of a strong move. if there isn’t a mid gap it doesnt mean a strong move started from a fresh zone doesnt exist :)  but if your eye is not trained to see strong moves the mid tz gaps can help flag a potential strong move where there is so much interest and not enough liquidity to fill all the orders. for me the market has 2 states balance and imbalanced. looking at the degree of imbalance gives clues to where a nice wholesale area can be. a mid tz gap is almost the definition of a section of strong market imbalance.

– Paul Tudor Jones

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                              Scroll to Top