Forums Indicator discussion Trend / Volatility indicator

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    smallcat
    Participant

Hi,

Entry point (and exit point) is very important in my opinion. From GG’s posts we know that many aspects must be seen in order to make a decision, like: momentum, volume, market share, etc. Other traders focus on volatility, Support/Resistance, etc. I do not know this can be categorized as volatility indicator or not, just sharing …

• This topic was modified 9 years, 2 months ago by smallcat.
      Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      gg53
      Participant

Hi, Entry point (and exit point) is very important in my opinion. From GG’s posts we know that many aspects must be seen in order to make a decision, like: momentum, volume, market share, etc. Other traders focus on volatility, Support/Resistance, etc. I do not know this can be categorized as volatility indicator or not, just sharing …

Forex trading is really simple.

All you have to do is TRULY understand and solve a 7 parameters math function.

That’s it.

G.

smallcat
        Participant

Forex trading is really simple. All you have to do is TRULY understand and solve a 7 parameters math function. That’s it. G.

Hi G, could you please explain more ? Does it has relationship to Open, Close price etc …. of the candle ?
          or may be all of his old t’reads ?

Thanks in advance.

simplex

Forex trading is really simple. All you have to do is TRULY understand and solve a 7 parameters math function.

:good: :yahoo:   :wacko:   :rose:   :whistle:   :yes:

A good trader is a realist who wants to grab a chunk from the body of a trend, leaving top- and bottom-fishing to people on an ego trip. (Dr. Alexander Elder)

BalrogTrader
            Participant

It seems that simplex knows about those 7 parameters. Would you mind sharing?

Nothing has ever motivated me more than this...

gg53
              Participant

Main Forex currencies = 8

Those make 28 currency pairs.

Among those 28 pairs are 7 Majors, the rest (crosses) are math depended on those 7 Majors, and their price is known from the majors (example: EURUSD / GBPUSD = EURGBP)

Among those 7 major pairs – the USD exist in each and every one of them.

Draw your conclusions from the above.

G.

BalrogTrader
                Participant

Thanks G. :good: I’ll (i.e. we’ll all) think about it thoroughly.

simplex

It seems that simplex knows about those 7 parameters.

Hey! No, I actually didn’t know! I only was soooo excited about the fact that there are only 7 parameters! :rose:

A good trader is a realist who wants to grab a chunk from the body of a trend, leaving top- and bottom-fishing to people on an ego trip. (Dr. Alexander Elder)

simplex

From GG’s posts we know that many aspects must be seen in order to make a decision, like: momentum, volume, market share, etc. Other traders focus on volatility, Support/Resistance, etc.

Among those 28 pairs are 7 Majors, the rest (crosses) are math depended on those 7 Majors

Ok, putting together my point of view about the subject of this discussion briefly:

• Dimension 1 – Major Pairs. Variations: 7
                      • Dimension 2 – Momentum. Variations: 3 (up, down, idle)
                      • Dimension 3 – Volume. Variations: 2 (rising, falling)
                      • Dimension 4 – Market Share. Variations: 2 (high, low)
                      • … and so on …
                      • Dimension x – (Fill in what YOU consider relevant). Variations: ???

Summing up Dimensions 1 to 4, we find 7 * 3 * 2 * 2 = 84 parameters, IF you consider both our choice of dimensions AND their respective categorizations appropriate. If not, alter the chosen variations (my examples are very coarse!) and their counts, delete dimensions you’re considering irrelevant, add your preferred dimensions, and sum up again.

Keep in mind that you can’t simply derive all cross pair properties from their respective major pairs like you can do  with close prices, e.g. volume. So when adding non-major pairs to your trading environment the number of variations in dimension 1 will increase.

What you’ll find is your personal number of parameters relevant for trading in a multi-pair multi-dimensional market.

Then all you’ll have to do keep things neatly organized and define your trades. BTW: my multi-pair EA shell I mentioned in another thread several weeks ago is still in the lab. Its main purpose is just that: keep all relevant information neatly organized. :-)

smallcat
                      Participant

Trying to define 7 parameters :

1) currency pair it self

2) market share of majors

3) volume / tick volume

4) Momentum T0-T1  (current bar – previous bar of standard momentum indicator ??)

5) Momentum + MA

6) cycle / anchoring ?

7) ?

:scratch:

• This reply was modified 9 years, 2 months ago by smallcat.
                        BalrogTrader
                        Participant

4) Momentum T0-T1 (current bar – previous bar of standard momentum indicator ??)

I guess this is critical.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 2 months ago by BalrogTrader.

MTH2014
                          Participant

USD effect impact all major currencies in chain reaction, (that’s my boob oops.. i mean noob translation..lol). so, looking for ‘currencies share power’ ratio will also could measure each ‘strength’ impact. :yes:   :whistle:

MTH

Intuition, Experiences and Common sense..
                            http://www.binaryoptionsedge.com/

Panamamike
                            Participant

Main Forex currencies = 8 Those make 28 currency pairs. Among those 28 pairs are 7 Majors, the rest (crosses) are math depended on those 7 Majors, and their price is known from the majors (example: EURUSD / GBPUSD = EURGBP) Among those 7 major pairs – the USD exist in each and every one of them. Draw your conclusions from the above. G.

Long time no see G,

i still ill say that your Killing Zone method is one of the best trading methods one can trade….especially on the 1 hour.  I went away from it for a while, and would like to kick myself for  that.  If the 1 hour set up is in the direction of the daily trend (by GADI tick volume +/- 0, GADI nat volume matching ) and the currency Diff and OBV are pointing in the direction of the trade, I risk 5% on fresh 1 hour signals.  If not, I risk 2.5 % with a tighter BE trigger. The results are crazy good. I trade very few setups on 15M….maybe two or three a day.

Thanks again for sharing that a few years past.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 2 months ago by Panamamike.
                              gg53
                              Participant

USD effect impact all major currencies in chain reaction, (that’s my boob oops.. i mean noob translation..lol). so, looking for ‘currencies share power’ ratio will also could measure each ‘strength’ impact. :yes: :whistle: MTH

RIGHT !

USD current behaviour and STRENGTH in those 7 Majors is THE key to succesfull trading.

1. Tell me the current prices of those 7 Majors, and I’ll tell you what’s the price of each one of the other 21 Crosses… whithout even looking at any chart.

2. Tell me the USD direction and STRENGTH – and I’ll know almost everything there is to know about the WHOLE Forex market.

There are some other factors for fine-tuning, but they are less important.

G.

gg53
                                Participant

Main Forex currencies = 8 Those make 28 currency pairs. Among those 28 pairs are 7 Majors, the rest (crosses) are math depended on those 7 Majors, and their price is known from the majors (example: EURUSD / GBPUSD = EURGBP) Among those 7 major pairs – the USD exist in each and every one of them. Draw your conclusions from the above. G.

Long time no see G, i still ill say that your Killing Zone method is one of the best trading methods one can trade….especially on the 1 hour. I went away from it for a while, and would like to kick myself for that. If the 1 hour set up is in the direction of the daily trend (by GADI tick volume +/- 0, GADI nat volume matching ) and the currency Diff and OBV are pointing in the direction of the trade, I risk 5% on fresh 1 hour signals. If not, I risk 2.5 % with a tighter BE trigger. The results are crazy good. I trade very few setups on 15M….maybe two or three a day. Thanks again for sharing that a few years past.

“Long time no see …”

That’s because threads here tend to duplicate and spread all over… that’s not a complaint (I know that Saver is busy with other things) – but I find it hard to follow.

Furthermore, most members here doesn’t share source-code (MQ4), and I’m not downloading nor using any “blackboxes” (EX4).

So I’m concentrating on my own group forum.

The “Killing Zone” thread is only good if you read it from start to finish, and try to understand the concept, and it’s quite looooong…

Thanks for your kind words.

G.

smallcat
                                  Participant

Hi GG & other friends,

Below is the source code (i read the logic some where in internet), it is using ATR. Hope you all can give ideas to make “her” better ….

Thanks

Attachments:
                                    You must be logged in to view attached files.
                                    smallcat
                                    Participant

This is the image …

Panamamike
                                      Participant

Long time no see G, i still ill say that your Killing Zone method is one of the best trading methods one can trade….especially on the 1 hour. I went away from it for a while, and would like to kick myself for that. If the 1 hour set up is in the direction of the daily trend (by GADI tick volume +/- 0, GADI nat volume matching ) and the currency Diff and OBV are pointing in the direction of the trade, I risk 5% on fresh 1 hour signals. If not, I risk 2.5 % with a tighter BE trigger. The results are crazy good. I trade very few setups on 15M….maybe two or three a day. Thanks again for sharing that a few years past.

“Long time no see …” That’s because threads here tend to duplicate and spread all over… that’s not a complaint (I know that Saver is busy with other things) – but I find it hard to follow. Furthermore, most members here doesn’t share source-code (MQ4), and I’m not downloading nor using any “blackboxes” (EX4). So I’m concentrating on my own group forum. The “Killing Zone” thread is only good if you read it from start to finish, and try to understand the concept, and it’s quite looooong… Thanks for your kind words. G.

i had  some scripts created to trade the methods from the KZ thread. I will agree that it takes some time for the light to go on to see how everything works together.  Anyway, good luck with your current endeavours…. I am enjoying the consistent 15-20 % weekly gains.  I just wanted to say thanks.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                      Scroll to Top