Forums Trading Journals Trading Journal Software Question

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    bricklayer
    Participant

First post to this forum!

So, after a three years journey full of frustration, anger and pain, my trading results are now getting better and better.

My entries are few and better timed and in the direction of the prevailing trend. I cut my losses now quicker and let my winners run. I am still struggling to not overtrade and not to take any unnecessary risks after a winning streak.

However, I have the feeling, that I am missing a great opportunity for learning, if I am not reviewing my trades and my thoughts/comments during the trade on a regular basis.

Hence I need a trade journal, which is easy to use and integrates into MT4. It should have to possibility to add comments and screenshots. Preferably for free.

I have tried myfxbook.com earlier, but am not sure, if that is the solution for my requirements.

What are you guys and gals using?

LearnAlways
      Participant

Hi BrickLayer,

I’m currently using Forex Smart Tools Pro – The Trade Log. Able to directly import MT4 history from html file to display your trade results for further analysis, even  though u can attach pics & stuff but I didn’t really used it. And I linked my mt4 account on FF also but results are far from satisfactory to say. haha. Guess I still got lots to learn.

Best Regards,

LearnAlways

I only know I know nothing

bricklayer
        Participant

Hi BrickLayer, I’m currently using Forex Smart Tools Pro – The Trade Log. Able to directly import MT4 history from html file to display your trade results for further analysis, even though u can attach pics & stuff but I didn’t really used it. And I linked my mt4 account on FF also but results are far from satisfactory to say. haha. Guess I still got lots to learn. Best Regards, LearnAlways

Hi LearnAlways,

thank you for your quick response. I have stumbled over that product some days ago but was deterred by the price.

I will probably give the trial version a chance.

Thanks!

BrickLayer

LearnAlways
          Participant

I got the Pro version because I’m lazy at transporting history by history. Pro version lets u import mt4 history directly. And I can choose monthly to weekly analysis of my progress.

Pls take note I’m just a user not an affiliate or promoter of this tool. :whistle:

Maybe u can try linking your MT4 account to FF (but due to recent events in FF maybe not advisable but my account is not big to begin with so no worries)

The others I think is using fxbook maybe its better. I haven’t check out that before, u can go take a look first. it’s free I think.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 6 months ago by LearnAlways.

I only know I know nothing

hannele
            Participant

Hi

Maybe you could look at SH forum, and search  chap called gringoh. He just posted xl trade documentation/journal  file, free to all, with many facilities to keep track of past/current trades  – he is very generous and talented.

cheers

h :-)

AKCodingEye
              Participant

Download business.zip from first post http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=487923

I belive it does have all basic and enough feature to track your progress but you can always tweak some of feature as you would like

bricklayer
                Participant

Thanks hannele, thanks AKCodingEye for your input. I will check both solutions. 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                Scroll to Top