Forums Indicator discussion SubSequence indicator

Tagged: 

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    xux99
    Participant

Here is an updated version of SubSequence indicator with user defined n and data type. A SubSequence theorem description: Let n ϵ N and An^2+1 a set with n^2 + 1 distinct real numbers.
      Then there exists a subset B of An^2+1 such that B contains n + 1 elements and these elements form a decreasing or increasing sequence.

• This topic was modified 9 years, 7 months ago by xux99.
      • This topic was modified 9 years, 7 months ago by xux99.
      Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      PiratePip
      Participant

xux99! glad to see you over here bud!!

-Life’s Good & Why Wouldn’t It Be? I’m a Pirate After All!

hannele
        Participant

Hi xux99,

thank you for the updated version.
          Could you help me to download this update please since every time I try it is not working… then again I am still learning how to navigate here so maybe I am doing something wrong
          cheers
          hannele

KENERGY
          Participant

It opened to another tab in Chrome. I ended up copy and pasting into a meta-editor window.

damdamda
            Participant

Hi hannele, i have download it without problem…maybe you reset your browser and try again. Im using firefox

• This reply was modified 9 years, 7 months ago by damdamda.
              Jurij
              Participant

To download it as a .mq4 file instead of opening it with the browser, you have to click on the attachment link with the right mouse button and select “Save Link As…”.

ps. xux99 thanks for the update

• This reply was modified 9 years, 7 months ago by Jurij.

Recurrence as biggest defense and weakness of the market at the same time

dtlase
                Participant

Thank you XUX99, Good to see you guys here.

jmn5611
                  Participant

Thanks for the heads up Cap’n! You and Kiads responded at about the same time. Thanks for setting up the forum Saver0

Saver0

Looks Awesome xux99!!

For those of who have trouble downloading. Just right click on the file and do “Save link as”. Then you can save it to your location. Since the browser can open the file, it opens it up without giving you the option to download :-)

Focus, Patience, Determination & Order in chaos

mak
                      Participant

Thanks for the indie xux, i have a new toy for the weekend :P

matkooo2575
                        Participant

xux90 I want ask you if you are possible to change your indicator. I write something on the picture. when it across red line (and the bar have to close above red line ) from point A it will go higher and then go to point B. if you are possible to change it or upgade how much pips and how much bars it takes from A to B

or change it to Transient Zones indicator.

I add another picture where it is better to see

you need to set h on the left and right side or it can be the same. and how much pips and bars it takes from A to bar B when it across and close above blue lines

• This reply was modified 9 years, 7 months ago by matkooo2575.
                          • This reply was modified 9 years, 7 months ago by matkooo2575.
                          Attachments:
                          You must be logged in to view attached files.
                          Poocher
                          Participant

Thanks a million sus99 very impressive looking!!!

BlackStack
                            Participant

I made it here. :yahoo:   I had trouble getting email confirmation, which never came, but last time I came back here the username was created.

Anyway, the file wants to download as an html file for me.  I downloaded it and renamed it mq4, and the file was fine like that.  That method might work for some people.

Poocher
                              Participant

BlackStack,

SaverO mentions the easiest way is to right click on the indicator and choose “save link as…” and it will save it as an indicator and then put into Metatrader…worked for me doing that.

BlackStack
                                Participant

BlackStack, SaverO mentions the easiest way is to right click on the indicator and choose “save link as…” and it will save it as an indicator and then put into Metatrader…worked for me doing that.

Yes, I know.  That is what I was doing.  But the save as file extension windows explorer wants to give the file is .html, not .mq4.  I was explaining what one could do in that occurence.

Poocher
                                  Participant

I see, sorry. Ya I was using Chrome.

hannele
                                    Participant

Hi guys, none of the above is working for me….. I got windows7…. driving me patty…. :wacko:

Any advice appreciated :unsure:

cheers

hannele

hannele
                                      Participant

Hi guys, none of the above is working for me….. I got windows7…. driving me patty…. :wacko: Any advice appreciated :unsure: cheers hannele

My obstacle is resolved –  Thank You Bartleby :rose:   :rose:

cheers

hannele

LearnAlways
                                        Participant

Hi xux99,

Thanks a lot for the indicator, sorry to even ask but is there any way to reduce the memory usage of the SS indi as my MT4 keep on hanging when I open too many charts with SS indi. Pls advise, thx.

Thanks & Best Regards,

LearnAlways

I only know I know nothing

xux99
                                          Participant

Hi LearnAlways

I am afraid I can’t reduce memory usage as this version has a user defined n variable and therefore requires larger arrays.

LearnAlways
                                            Participant

Hi xux99,

Thanks for replying, its ok. I set N = -2 therefore a lot of lines came up, consuming much memory. Is there any optimal n value by the way??? I found n=-2 same as n=20 though.

Thanks & Best Regards.

I only know I know nothing

scissors
                                              Participant

Hi xux99

Able to explain what are are all the liners on the top left hand corner are explaining? I under ss theory but cant figure out the link from the liners to ss theory.

If it is too troublesome is ok, just guide me to some link site where there is explanation. I will take it from there.

Scissors

Saver0

Hi xux99, Thanks a lot for the indicator, sorry to even ask but is there any way to reduce the memory usage of the SS indi as my MT4 keep on hanging when I open too many charts with SS indi. Pls advise, thx. Thanks & Best Regards, LearnAlways

Something you could quickly do to reduce the memory usage is to limit the number of bars on your chart by going to Tools > Options > Charts. After you lower the Max bars in chart to something like 10000, restart MT4 and see if the memory usage is lower   :yes:

Focus, Patience, Determination & Order in chaos

xux99
                                                  Participant

Hi xux99, Thanks for replying, its ok. I set N = -2 therefore a lot of lines came up, consuming much memory. Is there any optimal n value by the way??? I found n=-2 same as n=20 though. Thanks & Best Regards.

The indicator is just a tool, the optimal value for n depends on your trading strategy. Different values for n give me different results.

xux99
                                                    Participant

Hi xux99 Able to explain what are are all the liners on the top left hand corner are explaining? I under ss theory but cant figure out the link from the liners to ss theory. If it is too troublesome is ok, just guide me to some link site where there is explanation. I will take it from there. Scissors

You can use the lines to trade towards them as price usually returns to their level. The comments on the top left corner show statistics for the percentage of lines where price did not return and how far away price traveled before returning.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 44 total)
                                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                    Scroll to Top