Forums Trading Systems Discussion Nature of Markets – Power of Probability, Compounding & 1pip

Viewing 25 posts - 276 through 300 (of 318 total)
  • Author
    pipatronic
    Participant

Think you can treat yourself to a meal out this weekend G

gg53
      Participant

Think you can treat yourself to a meal out this weekend G

Not this week… We have our Jewish holiday “Rosh-Hashana” which is the Jewish New-Year.

I have gazilion guests for this weekend and the start of coming week – so it seems that they “won”….

G.

pipatronic
        Participant

Have a  wonderful time :)

naitzo
          Participant

Hello everybody, ive been going trought the chart with a xizi tz/rz indicator. And i have been wondering if anybody have come across this?

Sorry if im hard too understand, but english is not my lingo  :grin:

Attachments:
            You must be logged in to view attached files.
            naitzo
            Participant

Hi again, wanted just too post some results and the same picture of eurusd with the last trade completed, anyone tested this?

I have been trough 28 pairs and havent found a loosing trade yet, im now forward testing this, i will increase the lot size per 1000$ earned from it and see what results we can get from it.

:-)

Attachments:
              Jhlewis10
              Participant

Nice work Naitzo, I will test this.  Does it fit in this thread or better off in the tz threads?  may get more traction there.

naitzo
                Participant

Hi Jhlewis.

Thanks, guess this suits better in the tz thread, i uploaded it here since the thread seemed dead. :wacko:

Billyon
                  Participant

Your plan of action during a runaway losing drawdown should be the focus of study at this point. It will happen! What will you do? What is your max deviation from entry?

Yes variations of this idea have been looked at. Think FxJay

Before your forward test have your management plan in place/conceptualized. You let the trade ride without an expiration? No +h recurrent expectancy on the trade? No max candle distance away from TZ for entry or adjusted target price for candle close distance (like example targeting the halfway point on a long candle that closes 50 pips from TZ due to a news spike )? Any trend, time, news filtering?

http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?p=7836747#post7836747   (probability talk)

http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?p=7837075#post7837075  (same concept different entry trigger)

http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?p=7837257#post7837257    (Warning about a runaway price scenario)

Enjoy the journey!!!

naitzo
                    Participant

Thank you for your reply Billyon.

Nice read, wonder wich method fx jay is using, did read that he trades on a 4h chart with 39H

First of all this is my second day reading about tz, been some hours :wacko:

How about setting up a recovery zone when you enter if the trade is a run away bride?

Then you would secure the trade too go breakeven if the trade goes bananas.  :-)

Its alot like hedging but i think this is better on this strategy.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 10 months ago by naitzo.
                      • This reply was modified 8 years, 10 months ago by naitzo.
                      Attachments:
                      e3
                      Participant

Nice work Naitzo.  I focus mainly on the MTZ.  Trying putting some fibs on the MTZ to find targets.

Attachments:
                        fasttrade
                        Participant

Nice work Naitzo thanks very useful observation 

Cami
                          Participant

I am new to this but I had already had knowledge on scalping” and I am using the indicator to detect trends of the user Saver0 with one of my strategy

Attachments:
                            Cami
                            Participant

I am not following the rules of money management , only at the moment I am testing the strategy, i am 18 years old :yes:  and i am athlete so i would like to make this strategy a Robot (EA) :scratch:  to be able to practice sport all day without the need of having to see the display of the MAC  :yes:  

gg53
                              Participant

Auto EA (One pip compounding strategy) on Real live acount (from 28 July, 2015), on 4 currency pairs.

All “loss” trades (5) are actualy in pips profit, but lost due to swap (rollover).

118 trades, avg. 2.7 trades/day.

94.07% winning trades, 1.15% DD.

Account opened with $275 . Current equity $405.42.

Total 47.4% profit.

G.

Attachments:
                                Cami
                                Participant

The % of DD is very good! Then I will build my own EA and i hope and is a profitable EA hahahaha I see that you have approximately a 94% hit rate and not a 99% hit rate perhaps would be better to test the strategy Manually …….

It doesn’t matter …… it is very good EA, no one can complain about those results with much less someone who is not profitable………

Send me the results the next month …….

Thank You

• This reply was modified 8 years, 10 months ago by Cami.
                                  gg53
                                  Participant

The % of DD is very good! Then I will build my own EA and i hope and is a profitable EA hahahaha I see that you have approximately a 94% hit rate and not a 99% hit rate perhaps would be better to test the strategy Manually ……. It doesn’t matter …… it is very good EA, no one can complain about those results with much less someone who is not profitable……… Send me the results the next month ……. Thank You

We all admire your ability to MANUALLY enter 4 exact trades within split second…

…. and the logic behind it….  ;-}

G.

Cami
                                    Participant

Hahahaha i have a doubt, I should open an operation with the value of 4 operations?

And why?

• This reply was modified 8 years, 10 months ago by Cami.
                                      drloyd
                                      Participant

Hi again, wanted just too post some results and the same picture of eurusd with the last trade completed, anyone tested this? I have been trough 28 pairs and havent found a loosing trade yet, im now forward testing this, i will increase the lot size per 1000$ earned from it and see what results we can get from it. :-)

Hi Naitzo. I studied this concept over at FF until I was banned from there. It could be useful for our 1 pip trades. What rules are you using for entry?

gg53
                                        Participant

Another week passed…

Auto EA (One pip compounding strategy) on Real live acount (from 28 July, 2015), on 4 currency pairs.

All “loss” trades are actualy in pips profit, but lost due to swap (rollover).

132 trades, avg. 2.7 trades/day.

93.18% winning trades, 1.15% DD.

Account opened with $275 . Current equity $418.45.

Total 52.1% profit (from 28 July, 2015).

G.

Attachments:
                                          CSendo
                                          Participant

Good work GG! Thanks for the continuous updates.

Cami
                                            Participant

Good job, not what I expected but in reality it seems a very good EA, i could work together with GG to apply the advanced breaks to this EA  

For my part I was working on how to improve 99% of hits not on the amount of hits, i am referring to the amount of opportunities that could have this strategy without risking the % profitability ……. I was researching some things on the internet but most of the people say stupid things about the strategies and the stockbrokers as well that i’m researching for my own account ……

But high school and sports don’t give me much time…..

Whatever, the cat can get penguins that could help increase the % of successes of its EA  :heart: :yes:

• This reply was modified 8 years, 9 months ago by Cami.
                                              Skyline
                                              Participant

Another week passed… Auto EA (One pip compounding strategy) on Real live acount (from 28 July, 2015), on 4 currency pairs. All “loss” trades are actualy in pips profit, but lost due to swap (rollover). 132 trades, avg. 2.7 trades/day. 93.18% winning trades, 1.15% DD. Account opened with $275 . Current equity $418.45. Total 52.1% profit (from 28 July, 2015). G.

Nice result GG :good:

Why don’t you post a myfxbook link to your AutoEA account so that results are updated in real-time ? ;-)

Regards,

Skyline

gg53
                                                Participant

Another week passed… Auto EA (One pip compounding strategy) on Real live acount (from 28 July, 2015), on 4 currency pairs. All “loss” trades are actualy in pips profit, but lost due to swap (rollover). 132 trades, avg. 2.7 trades/day. 93.18% winning trades, 1.15% DD. Account opened with $275 . Current equity $418.45. Total 52.1% profit (from 28 July, 2015). G.

Nice result GG :good: Why don’t you post a myfxbook link to your AutoEA account so that results are updated in real-time ? ;-) Regards, Skyline

I don’t want to show too much info, like when orders are open, pending etc.

Setting this up in myfx is too much extra work and parameters settings for my lazy butt…

G.

Skyline
                                                  Participant

Nice result GG :good: Why don’t you post a myfxbook link to your AutoEA account so that results are updated in real-time ? ;-) Regards, Skyline

I don’t want to show too much info, like when orders are open, pending etc. Setting this up in myfx is too much extra work and parameters settings for my lazy butt… G.

I see and understand your point , however you can hide whatever info you want with myfxbook and just show only % gains ;)

Cami
                                                    Participant

…..

Attachments:
                                                    Viewing 25 posts - 276 through 300 (of 318 total)
                                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                    Scroll to Top