Forums Indicator discussion MTH – MTF Histo Tick Volume Indicator

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    MTH2014
    Participant

Hi Guys.., One of our brother here asking me to renew my Tick Volume Indicator version to match with MT4 build 940 and also need explanation on how to use ‘her’ as your trading tool..

My TVI histo version base on TVI created by Mladen several years ago. I just add some formula to make ‘her’ look more ‘fancy’.. hehehe..

How to use ‘her’ in technical analysis just like most of indicators, ‘indicate’ the possibility/probability ‘where’ the price will move..

and the rest is depend on your own skill to handle your trading mentality and of course ‘enough’ capital to handle the risk..

Forex is a game of strength, more stronger you are financially and mentally then more better your chance to become winner rather than loser.. lol.

This is example on how I look at ‘her’;

Ok then, having fun with ‘her’

Happy Trading :whistle:

MTH

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.

Intuition, Experiences and Common sense..
      http://www.binaryoptionsedge.com/

MTH2014
      Participant

Someone asking about , could we use this histo TVI to recognize trend change.. ?

well here we go..

As I already explained so many times, that this is only ‘tool’ just like any other indicators, so you could use ‘her’ whatever you like as long as you know what you do.. and you know what you want to ‘see’ visually..

Hope it help and best regards

MTH

simplex

Hi Kiads,

Could you possibly provide a link to mladen’s original (mq4 instead of ex4)?

Thanks,

s.

A good trader is a realist who wants to grab a chunk from the body of a trend, leaving top- and bottom-fishing to people on an ego trip. (Dr. Alexander Elder)

Anti
          Participant

Just a question, Kiads: Have you yet performed some statistics on this indicator?

Ashetty
            Participant

Thank you so much Master for the indicator…

Can we use it in lower time frames too master?

If yes, what would be the values to set for r, s, u?

Preferably for M5, M15, M30 and H1..

Shall I use the 8, 5, 3 as the default values for the above time frames master?

• This reply was modified 8 years, 7 months ago by Ashetty.
              MTH2014
              Participant

Hi Kiads, Could you possibly provide a link to mladen’s original (mq4 instead of ex4)? Thanks, s.

Hi Brother,  I don’t have anymore the original from mladen since it’s already years ago..

Mladen TVI version is line version and I already share the mq4 for our brother smallcat here ;

http://penguintraders.com/forums/topic/q-a-for-mq4-coding-newbies/page/2/#post-10440

MTH

• This reply was modified 8 years, 7 months ago by MTH2014.

MTH2014
                Participant

Just a question, Kiads: Have you yet performed some statistics on this indicator?

Hi Brother, in general I learn about tick volume since the beginning of malcomb vsa thread at ff, so this need several years to learn and practice in forward test mode..lol.

And I never trust backtest especially with MT4 strategy tester, so when I learn about how to handle Tick Volume and use it as one of your trading tool, I use it in forward test.

Also usually I use small real account for forward test, to set the situation in ‘real pressure’ not fake demo pressure..

I take my risk by choose my ‘specialization’ in using ‘repainting’ indicators  so I don’t have any problem to use ‘repaint’ tools, since the ‘candle’ itself also repaint

MTH

MTH2014
                  Participant

Thank you so much Master for the indicator… Can we use it in lower time frames too master? If yes, what would be the values to set for r, s, u? Preferably for M5, M15, M30 and H1.. Shall I use the 8, 5, 3 as the default values for the above time frames master?

Yes Brother, we could use any tools in any charts

this example on how I calculate the r,s,u, periods setting

MTH

Anti
                    Participant

Thank you very much for comment. My idea was not to test it using MT4 strategy tester but testing some of your “strategies” using R or other statistical tools (e.g. Python). If I’d have time at the moment I would do it. Maybe another point for my agenda …

MTH2014
                      Participant

Thank you very much for comment. My idea was not to test it using MT4 strategy tester but testing some of your “strategies” using R or other statistical tools (e.g. Python). If I’d have time at the moment I would do it. Maybe another point for my agenda …

:good: Please feel free to contact me if you need further explanation, and also inform us your result so we could learn from your experience..

best regards

MTH

Trader7
                        Participant

Hi Brother Kiads,

Thank you for your Indicator and accompanying System. As usual your explanations on charts are of the same

amazing quality and clarity only you are capable of. Your abilities and your 15 year experience show through.:good:

I wish you a Profitable HAPPY YEAR ahead with even more wisdom.:yes:

Trader7

Still Learning

BlackStack
                          Participant

Here are some TVI indicators.  Don’t know who wrote them.  I think that they repaint.

Attachments:
                            smallcat
                            Participant

Hi Guys.., One of our brother here asking me to renew my Tick Volume Indicator version to match with MT4 build 940 and also need explanation on how to use ‘her’ as your trading tool.. My TVI histo version base on TVI created by Mladen several years ago. I just add some formula to make ‘her’ look more ‘fancy’.. hehehe.. How to use ‘her’ in technical analysis just like most of indicators, ‘indicate’ the possibility/probability ‘where’ the price will move.. and the rest is depend on your own skill to handle your trading mentality and of course ‘enough’ capital to handle the risk.. Forex is a game of strength, more stronger you are financially and mentally then more better your chance to become winner rather than loser.. lol. This is example on how I look at ‘her’;

Ok then, having fun with ‘her’ Happy Trading :whistle: MTH

Thanks a lot brother, will test it soon  :good:

This is a great idea Anti … will follow your posts there at other thread … :good:

centuripe
                              Participant

Thank you so much Master for the indicator… Can we use it in lower time frames too master? If yes, what would be the values to set for r, s, u? Preferably for M5, M15, M30 and H1.. Shall I use the 8, 5, 3 as the default values for the above time frames master?

Yes Brother, we could use any tools in any charts this example on how I calculate the r,s,u, periods setting Hope it help and best regards MTH

Hi Kiads,

Thanks for sharing this strategy, I’m currently using it.

And If I want to trade on H1 ? How the set up will be possible ? 4hr , daily , weekly swing ? but If I apply your formula for the 4 hr swing it will be r = 4 s = 1.333 u = 1.33 ? (4/3 ?)

Thanks for your help

MTH2014
                                Participant

Yes Brother, we could use any tools in any charts this example on how I calculate the r,s,u, periods setting Hope it help and best regards MTH

Hi Kiads, Thanks for sharing this strategy, I’m currently using it. And If I want to trade on H1 ? How the set up will be possible ? 4hr , daily , weekly swing ? but If I apply your formula for the 4 hr swing it will be r = 4 s = 1.333 u = 1.33 ? (4/3 ?) Thanks for your help

Hi Brother,  there so many way to use one tool like this TVI histo, but it should be make sense.

We can’t divide 4 period by 3, so we can’t look up at 4 hours range from H1 TF. This 3 cyclical is up, stay and down, or vice versa.

Bellow example is another way to use this TVI histo, base on H1 TF;

we could use multiple TVI to mark turning point or divergence earlier

MTH

centuripe
                                  Participant

Hi Guys.., One of our brother here asking me to renew my Tick Volume Indicator version to match with MT4 build 940 and also need explanation on how to use ‘her’ as your trading tool.. My TVI histo version base on TVI created by Mladen several years ago. I just add some formula to make ‘her’ look more ‘fancy’.. hehehe.. How to use ‘her’ in technical analysis just like most of indicators, ‘indicate’ the possibility/probability ‘where’ the price will move.. and the rest is depend on your own skill to handle your trading mentality and of course ‘enough’ capital to handle the risk.. Forex is a game of strength, more stronger you are financially and mentally then more better your chance to become winner rather than loser.. lol. This is example on how I look at ‘her’; Ok then, having fun with ‘her’ Happy Trading :whistle: MTH

Thanks for taking time to explain me how to use it on 1HR.

Just went some livetrading today  in front of the screen. See above your initail post when you explain how to read “her”.

When the new dot might appear ? At the beginning of a new 4HR candle ? After looking at my screen it seem that it’s repaint about two candle. Now I have a red dot at the 8AM candle when the 4 pm candle appear.

Hope it’s clear and if you need I can provide a screen shot. Thanks again for your help and time

MTH2014
                                    Participant

Brother @centuripe the dot signals is ‘fractal 5’ so yes it will show up after 2 candles and yes it could disappear if the ‘fractal’ formation failed.. and if this consider as ‘repaint’ then yes I love repainting indicators.. lol. We look at this ‘dot signals’ as point A to point B angle and compare it with main chart to look at ‘divergence’. Also don’t forget the important of ‘zero line’, could you ‘visualize’ this yellow zero line of TVI into your main chart ?

Please always look at the whole conditions, and not focus only at dot signals

Best regards

MTH

ZARtrader
                                      Participant

Hi Guys

Can anyone explain to me how to use the signal bars to my advantage, I downloaded it from FF because I saw it on the charts here, but I don’t know how to read it

I have googled it and the only info I find is from the creator CJA, but nowhere does he explain how to use it as a tool

mak
                                        Participant

I have a question for our brother Kiads.

First of all, i love this indicator, volume based indicators are a great tool. If i superimpose 3 or 4 TVI-s with different setting, the “0 line” moves, when visualy backtesting the past.

I solved this by setting all tvi-s to specific max-min values (based on the one that cycles the most). It looks like it did the trick, but i want to be sure, so my question is

does setting max-min ranges on all tvi-s changes anything of importance?

MTH2014
                                          Participant

I have a question for our brother Kiads. First of all, i love this indicator, volume based indicators are a great tool. If i superimpose 3 or 4 TVI-s with different setting, the “0 line” moves, when visualy backtesting the past. I solved this by setting all tvi-s to specific max-min values (based on the one that cycles the most). It looks like it did the trick, but i want to be sure, so my question is does setting max-min ranges on all tvi-s changes anything of importance?

Hi Brother, sorry for very late reply..

yes, You could ‘lock’ the TVI oscillators range to the widest one so the shorter range will follow the wider range oscillator, and keep the center line equal to all the superimposed oscillators.

By doing that, maybe you will loose the ‘detail’ of every oscillators but you could see the ‘general’ movement more clearly.

Just remember that you ‘analyze and projecting’ future movement and use past movement as your ‘reminder and references’ only and you ‘trade’ current movement.

My advice, you could use TVI as your momentum indicator and combine it by BB as your trend/volatility range indicator and divergence indicator as your entry reference.

If you need further discussion please go to my noob corner journal thread.. :yes:

MTH

Jim
                                            Participant

Thanks MTH2014 for the sharing of your coding skill.

I am new here and just joined. Just searched through my harddisk and happened that I have this indicator downloaded in 2010. Hopefully is what you wanted.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 2 months ago by Jim. Reason: FORGET TO ATTACH FILE
                                              Attachments:
                                              metta88
                                              Participant

is there a way to make this indicator not repaint in the settings ?

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                              Scroll to Top