Forums Development Excellent and Experienced coders need for profitable TZ based strategy project

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Ephisi
    Participant

Hello,

i am ephisi from forex factory one of eurusdds students. I have been able to develop a profitable strategy and i want to develop it further. Heres proof of my trading

https://www.myfxbook.com/portfolio/time-based-tzrz-trading-beta/1837754

I need coders who can do a private job to modify the TZ indicator, develop a currency strength meter and possibly develop an expert advisor

simplex

Maybe you could fire up coders’ enthusiasm by providing a little more detail!

;-)

A good trader is a realist who wants to grab a chunk from the body of a trend, leaving top- and bottom-fishing to people on an ego trip. (Dr. Alexander Elder)

Anti
        Participant

Hi ephisi, may I ask if you use matured TZs or PTZs in your strategy. I believe that the original idea was to trade the revisit of formerly matured TZs …

• This reply was modified 7 years, 7 months ago by Anti.
          Ephisi
          Participant

TZ forms only about 5% of my strategy. TZ is not a trading strategy but it helped me understand how the markets work and gave me a different perspective of the market. I can trade my strategy without TZ. Why? Because i already have the TZ perspective in my mind,

Ephisi
            Participant

Maybe this could fire the coders up: These are live trading accounts. The oldest is just 5weeks old but i know what i have in my hands

https://www.myfxbook.com/portfolio/time-based-tzrz-trading-beta/1837754

https://www.myfxbook.com/portfolio/holy-grail-low-risk-steady/1879539

Ephisi
              Participant

I use matured TZs as well as PTZs

Ephisi
                Participant

Also TZ indicator is very useful when you set Hvalue such that TZ percent is less than or equals 3 %. With this we can carry out effective interpretation just based on TZ stats. How? There is the term called rare events in TZ patterning if you can remember. Top TZ and Bottom TZs occur in succesion. The moment you have a Top TZ followed by another Top TZ we have a mispricing same applies for bottom TZs. These are called rare events. when rare events occur theres a lot of interpretation that can be done

Anti
                  Participant

Thus, I assume it’s more like a trend trading rather than a reversal strategy, right?

Ephisi
                    Participant

Yes it is. Most people traded TZ against the trend. It failed me too many times so i switched the drawdowns into profits. i reversed the strategy

simplex

i reversed the strategy

Yep, if utilizing TZ, this is the only thing to do!

A good trader is a realist who wants to grab a chunk from the body of a trend, leaving top- and bottom-fishing to people on an ego trip. (Dr. Alexander Elder)

Pigh77
                        Participant

Hi

honestly I think you can trade against the trend with TZ with a wider stop loss and assuming that a trend will destroy part of your profits. In a backtest from 2009 (15 min) there weren’t so strong trends able to destroy profits made bar after bar against the TZs.  :yes:

Anti
                          Participant

Hi @Pigh77,

I’d be glad if you’d write something about your test. I invite you to post it here as this is Ephisis thread.

Ephisi
                            Participant

Been there, done that, i can assure you that trading against the trend will get you no where at the end

Anti
                              Participant

I believe you. However, what was your strategy you’ve tested? Could you please explain?!

Ephisi
                                Participant

TZ is not a strategy i trade explicitly as i said in my writings it only helped me see the market from a different perspective. In the course of my trading i found out that most of my succesful trend trades based on my non TZ strategy were failed TZ counter trend trades. so you need to find a way to reverse your TZ strategy to turn those huge 300 200pip drawdowns into profit.

Anti
                                  Participant

@Ephisi: I meant if you could explain your tests on countertrend trading with TZs. I invite you to post it here, too … But to be honest, if I’d be a good mql4 programmer, I would implement your idea. Unfortunately, I’m not …

Billyon
                                    Participant

Can you code this?

http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?p=9376532#post9376532

• This reply was modified 7 years, 5 months ago by Billyon.
                                      thomas
                                      Participant

Been there, done that, i can assure you that trading against the trend will get you no where at the end

Hi Ephisi, may i know how do you define a TREND ? I have read some where, a trend in a small TF can be only a SWING at bigger TF.  So many people said about Trend is your Friend, but in my opinion, it is very difficult to identify it . Using MA is useless, because of its lagging characteristic (we get the signal of a trend using MA commonly at the end of the REAL trend, isn’t it ? )  If we define trend using big TF (H4 or D1 as example), and place order on small TF (like M1 for example) …  will it better than using TF M15 or M30 or H1 as our trend / direction definition ?  I just think that it is more “Adaptive”-able of using M15-H1 to define a trend, if our target is just some pips (ex: 1-8 pips), in this case it is actually just a retrace/swing in TF H4 or D1.  Trading TZ directly or Reversing it has the same problem…. We must have a good definition of a trend.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                      Scroll to Top