Forums Development Trading Systems – Development Currency strength expert advisor

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 63 total)
  • Author
    xux99
    Participant

Orcus is a multi pair expert advisor that opens trades based on the relative strength of each currency. Its signals are based on the CurrencyStrengthAlerts indicator. It has shown promising results for the short period it was tested. You can download it from here.

maranathar
      Participant

Edington
        Participant

Thank you for sharing  :good:

Billyon
          Participant

Thanks for you great work. Will test…

wjaz.fx
            Participant

TY, testing

Find ffcal.mq4 in rar file, but i think we don’t need it to run EA.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 2 months ago by wjaz.fx.
              • This reply was modified 9 years, 2 months ago by wjaz.fx.
              smallcat
              Participant

Thanks a lot xux99. You are a great coder :good:

will80
                Participant

If it’s like xux99’s previous EA’s you will probably need (FFcal) it if you intend to use the news filtering option.

This is a noob question so my apologies – this EA can only reliably be tested in a live market environment given the reliance on the currency strength indicator? (ie backtesting won’t produce reliable results?)

Anonymous

Hi there,

launched Orcus this afternoon. First basket was successful closed after about 90 minutes. Second basket is now about 50% in profit. Settings are a dream, you can customize this EA to the style you like. It’s unbelievable how much knowledge xux brought into this when you check all the possebilities. In my opinion the trading with relative strength is the most underrated tradingstyle, so I am pretty sure this EA will become a masterpiece.

Good trading, coli

xux99
                    Participant

This is a noob question so my apologies – this EA can only reliably be tested in a live market environment given the reliance on the currency strength indicator? (ie backtesting won’t produce reliable results?)

Metatrader does not allow backtesting of multi pair expert advisors. You should forward test it and experiment with various settings.

hannele
                      Participant

Thank you xux99. I’ll start test run today.

cheers

hannele

hannele
                        Participant

Hi there, launched Orcus this afternoon. First basket was successful closed after about 90 minutes. Second basket is now about 50% in profit. Settings are a dream, you can customize this EA to the style you like. It’s unbelievable how much knowledge xux brought into this when you check all the possebilities. In my opinion the trading with relative strength is the most underrated tradingstyle, so I am pretty sure this EA will become a masterpiece. Good trading, coli

Hi Coli69,

do you mind sharing you settings :good:

cheers

hannele

Anonymous

Good Morning xux,

I don’t understand the relation between the Basket and the Trade settings yet. Do the Trade settings overrule the basket settings? For example: I set MaxBasket Trades to 3 and BasketTakeProfit to 0.2%, BUT further down I set TakeProfit1 …2 and …3 to 10 pips. Is Orcus trading the Basket settings(based on %) or the Trade settings(based on pips) now?

Cheers, coli

xux99
                            Participant

Individual trade settings always override basket settings. The take profit of a trade will be executed and the banked profit will be automatically deducted from basket profit.

will80
                              Participant

This EA has got massive potential – finding those settings though is a challenge. I have experimented with 6.5 strength & 2.5 strength for entry conditions which works well when currencies are trending or accelerating toward the extreme measures (7 & 1) the challenge is though when a basket of trades are fired off still satisfying the entry conditions (6.5 & 2.5) yet decelerating which causes the basket to going into drawdown and eventual closure.

I’m thinking that one easy way of handling this is after the profitable closure of a basket we use the settings to stop the EA from trading for a long enough period that the deceleration occurs without firing off new baskets headed for loss….. then when the acceleration occurs the next time the basket is ready to trade again?

Chanon
                                Participant

Thank you! :bye:   :good:

http://www.myfxbook.com/members/getting/orcusl/1243410

• This reply was modified 9 years, 2 months ago by Chanon.
                                  • This reply was modified 9 years, 2 months ago by Chanon.
                                  smallcat
                                  Participant

TY, testing Find ffcal.mq4 in rar file, but i think we don’t need it to run EA.

i think it is needed if you do not want to trade  Y minutes before big impact news and Z minutes after news.

Edit: testing using strength 1.5 and 6.8, time filter from 6 to 15 GMT (frankfurt, london, newyork) at the moment.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 2 months ago by smallcat.
                                    Edington
                                    Participant

Hello everyone,

I have tried running on my vps for the past 6 days on default on Oanda demo. I think EA has great potential, but settings will have to be tweaked. Anyone had any luck with alternate settings, please share.

Best,

Michael

Attachments:
                                      You must be logged in to view attached files.
                                      gg53
                                      Participant

“Give-Me” crowd…

G.

Lowphat
                                        Participant

using the indy with manual trading and it looks great so far in the short time i have used it.

“I believe the very best money is made at the market turns. Everyone says you get killed trying to pick tops and bottoms and you make all
                                          your money by playing the trend in the middle. Well for twelve years I have been missing the meat in the middle but I have made a lot of
                                          money at tops and bottoms.”
                                          – Paul Tudor Jones

smallcat
                                          Participant

Hello everyone, I have tried running on my vps for the past 6 days on default on Oanda demo. I think EA has great potential, but settings will have to be tweaked. Anyone had any luck with alternate settings, please share. Best, Michael

Yes, i am agree this is a great EA :good: , and setting is the most important. Still do not have enough time to do forward testing yet (and playing with the setting), may be later. Some hours testing in 2 days result was almost break even, but it is too short time for evaluate an EA.

simplex

Orcus is a multi pair expert advisor that opens trades based on the relative strength of each currency.

Hey xux,

This is really interesting and looks like having great potential! Thanks a lot for sharing!
                                              As I’m working on my own multipair EA shell currently I hoped to grab some concepts by reviewing your code. Yet after downloading I found the formatting (line breaks) to be messed up totally. I assume some codepage issue was the reason for that.

So I ran your EA code through my uncrustify script and post the output here for anybody else who might face the same situation.

Re concepts: would you mind to include some comments about the use of those global arrays and their respective dimensions? This is really hard to understand without any documentation, especially when your variable naming is a bit minimalistic :rose:

By the way: the arrays Vd[50][50], Ind[100][30][50][200] will never be used and can be deleted.

Anybody interested in uncrustify look here: http://uncrustify.sourceforge.net/ If you’re also interested in my MQL settings file for uncrustify just drop me a line.

Best, simplex

Attachments:
                                              You must be logged in to view attached files.

A good trader is a realist who wants to grab a chunk from the body of a trend, leaving top- and bottom-fishing to people on an ego trip. (Dr. Alexander Elder)

smallcat
                                              Participant

Orcus is a multi pair expert advisor that opens trades based on the relative strength of each currency.

Hey xux, This is really interesting and looks like having great potential! Thanks a lot for sharing! As I’m working on my own multipair EA shell currently I hoped to grab some concepts by reviewing your code. Yet after downloading I found the formatting (line breaks) to be messed up totally. I assume some codepage issue was the reason for that. So I ran your EA code through my uncrustify script and post the output here for anybody else who might face the same situation. Re concepts: would you mind to include some comments about the use of those global arrays and their respective dimensions? This is really hard to understand without any documentation, especially when your variable naming is a bit minimalistic :rose: By the way: the arrays Vd[50][50], Ind[100][30][50][200] will never be used and can be deleted. Anybody interested in uncrustify look here: http://uncrustify.sourceforge.net/ If you’re also interested in my MQL settings file for uncrustify just drop me a line. Best, simplex

wow, this is nice, thanks for this information simplex. :good:

simplex

wow, this is nice, thanks for this information simplex

Great that you like it! I posted my settings file etc. here: http://penguintraders.com/forums/topic/coders-supporting-coders/page/2/#post-6739

Have fun!

A good trader is a realist who wants to grab a chunk from the body of a trend, leaving top- and bottom-fishing to people on an ego trip. (Dr. Alexander Elder)

gg53
                                                  Participant

Instead of absolute Currency-Strength Delta trade entry, which, in many cases,  results in reversals – you should use Currency-Strength ROC (Rate of Change).

Select Currencies with positive ROC against those with negative ROC.

Using this method will hold for much longer time and less prone to reversals.

G.

Edit: in response to several Skype requests:

ROC calculation:

(Current value – Previous value  “x” Periods Ago) / Previous value “x” Periods Ago

• This reply was modified 9 years, 1 month ago by gg53.
                                                    nek11man
                                                    Participant

OMG,  I had been looking for this for months, thank you so much Xux, you are a genius, and a lot of respect for your talent and most important, your unselfishness. I m a noob on this, trying to add another line to restrict a trade from numbers of volume. Can anyone lend a helping hand on this? Thank you.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 63 total)
                                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                    Scroll to Top